Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Half-Day

I took a half-day off this morning to see my lawyer. "Officially" it was a doctor visit, not so that I can take it as a sick day, because I am allowed a certain number of discretionary days per year, but simply for my own right to privacy. A small child support matter, dealt with effectively by my wondrously kind and supportive lawyer. She has yet to charge me for a consultation; when I offered to pay her today, she waved the notion aside, saying it's a pleasure to deal with someone so nice, and reasonable. She's very kind: she knows my income! I understand through a friend of mine, whose father is a judge, that she's a killer lawyer in court, if I ever need that. Fervently hoping I never do, but nice to know just the same! The consultation took half an hour. I had three hours to kill, so I walked home instead of taking the bus, a lovely 45 minute meandre along the canal. The trees are fully green, the tulips are resplendent everywhere, and the sky was a perfect, uninterrupted blue from horizon to horizon. Amazing! The tots will be arriving shortly, and I am refreshed and eager to see them. Solitude and nature: so restorative!

2 Comments:

Anonymous keldar said...

Kind and supportive lawyer? Is this a fairy tail :-)

5/26/2005 07:14:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

My very own true life fairy tale! (Or my good fairy, perhaps?) Lovely woman, she.

5/26/2005 08:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home