Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Inverse Definitions 1

Thomas and Harry have a tussle over a toy, which suddenly escalates into violence. I had turned quickly enough to see Harry shove Thomas, just before Thomas roared his disapproval and turned to me for justice. "Harry hit me!" "Yes, I saw him push you. Well, talk to Harry about it. Tell him what you think." Thomas approaches Harry, puffed up with righteous indignation. "Harry, I don't like it when you hit me. You don't hit. Hitting is bad. You never hit! Even when I hit you!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

And I am sure that Thomas had never been more sincere!!

6/29/2005 03:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary P said...

Oh, he meant it. And was completely oblivious to the implications on his own behaviour. Irony is far and away my favourite form of humour!

6/29/2005 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!! :)

6/30/2005 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home