Monday, June 20, 2005

Vicarious Learning

A forklift passes us, and rounds the corner. This is unusual: thus far, all the machinery has been staying on our block. Thomas, of course, notices. "Why'd that forklift go there?" "I don't know, Thomas," I reply, and, predictably now, turn the question back to him. "Why do you think it went there?" "Because...because it was...it was going...because it needs..." he flounders a little more before giving it up. "I don't know!" George has seen this played out too many times not to see what's coming next, and beats me to it: "Well, Thomas, neither does Mary."

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin B said...

Sorry, MP, I don't have much to say about this one, other than its good for the rest of us less-capable folks to see that you are actually human and don't have an answer for everything! That was a joke! I just have to take action to fix the "something needs to be done about this" feeling I get when I see 0 comments on someone's blog, LOL!

6/20/2005 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin B said...

Is there a medical term for this particular illness, like "commentitus"?

6/20/2005 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

I dunno, but I share it. And, as a blogger, I would like more people to be infected!

6/20/2005 05:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary's daughter said...

This reminds me of something I saw the other day while walking down the street. Parked outside the corner store was Toddler, in a stroller, being dutifully watched by Big Sister, who looked to be about 6 or 7. Toddler was pestering Big Sister with the series of Why? WHy? WHY?s and Big Sister tolerated this for a while and then finally hollered, "How many times do I has to tell you?? Because ELEPHANTS GOTS FLAT FEET!".
Surprisingly enough, this stopped Toddler. One can only speculate on which parent has been using that line to stump the child...

6/21/2005 04:18:00 PM  
Anonymous mary p said...

LOL

6/22/2005 07:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home