Friday, June 24, 2005

You Can Pick Your Nose...

You know that saying, popular amongst teens: "You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose"? It's not true, you know. George approaches me. "Mary, I need a kleenex. I gots a booger on my finger." So he does. Thick, green, good consistency, a little crusty on one side, it sits solidly atop his pointer finger. "Yuk, George." Probably a little rattled at having this thing waved too close to my own nose, I ask what would appear to be a completely foolish question as I hand him the kleenex. "Where did you get that thing?" "Baby Alice."

8 Comments:

Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Wow, he's got an excellent future career as a SAHD for sure!

6/24/2005 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger snaars said...

At least he didn't eat it.

6/24/2005 04:00:00 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

I WISH my daughter would eat hers. Instead, she rubs them onto my arm, face, whatever is handy---EEEEWWWWW!

6/24/2005 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Crayonz: SAHD?

Snaars: too true. One of those "It could be worse" scenarios. (Love your picture: and so appropriate to the post!)

hausfrau: Eeeewwwww, indeed! Perhaps I could send George over to help her learn? I'm always eager to help them practice and perfect their skills.

6/24/2005 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Hey, I'm your 1,000th visitor. Do I get a prize? Perhaps a day with noted Philosophers, Thomas and George?

6/25/2005 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Mary - SAHD="Stay At Home Dad"

6/25/2005 02:36:00 AM  
Blogger August95 said...

I am pulling faces over here Mary... LOL

6/25/2005 02:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Matthew: I'm having fun with that hit counter, just watching the numbers scroll up. I also have a tracker now, but its numbers don't agree with the hit counter. What does one make of that? I haven't quite figured out how to do door prizes in the ether, but when I do, you'll get yours.

(Stay at home dad. Of course. Thank you!)

August: Pulling faces? So was I! Alice's mother was delighted, however, and offered George a job: nose-cleaning duty at their home, of which they would be glad to be relieved.

6/25/2005 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home