Wednesday, July 06, 2005

And the Survey Says...

Liam has been most helpfully polling the others on critical issues, then presenting me with the results. While dressing for the park: "Baby Alice doesn't like to wear her hat. She's tryin' to take it off." While at the park this morning: "Kyle says he doesn't need a nap today. Kyle says he never takes a nap at home." While waiting for lunch: "Adam says he doesn't like vegetables. His daddy never makes him eat green stuff." After lunch: "Harry says he doesn't like sunscreen: it feels icky." Liam was told to stop polling the masses. It gives them a false sense of choice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

I think I would like that Liam...

7/06/2005 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger August95 said...

Sounds like you will have your hands extra full this summer.

7/06/2005 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger snaars said...

I second that, I like Liam. I'm glad he's in the capable hands of a professional. He would wear me out!

7/06/2005 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

I like that Liam, too. I wouldn't keep taking him back summer after summer if I didn't genuinely like the boy. But does he wear a body out? Yes, indeed he do...

7/06/2005 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

I'm sure Liam is a lovely child, but kids who do that get on my last nerve.

Dude, had I wanted to know what Alice or Kyle or Adam or Harry LIKED, I would have asked them.

That sort of thing.

This is one of many, many reasons why I will never work in daycare!!

:-)

7/06/2005 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Ah, a little straight talk never hurt a kid - as long as it's not hurtful.

There is no doubt that Liam was trying to gain supporters for his personal causes. What was going on was more lobbying than polling, really: he knew it, and I knew it. And he knew I knew it.

He knocked it off. :-)

7/06/2005 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

p.s. I do get exasperated with them, yes, I do, but there is almost always a corner of my brain that is amused, and will give the little b*gger that little bit of extra leash, just to see what they'll do with it. Liam rarely fails to come through.

7/06/2005 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home