Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More Singable Songs

(Sorry, Raffi.) One of my favourite songs to sing to teeny ones when they're fractious is done to the tune of "What Shall We Do With a Drunken Sailor?", except in my version, it's "Cranky Baby". Kinda fun. So the first verse is the question, "What shall we do...ear-lie in the mornin'", and the second verse is the answer: "Bounce her up and down until she giggles", or maybe "Nibble on her toes until she giggles", and then "Swing him all around...", "zerbert on the bellybutton"... There are as many verses as you have imagination. And energy. It usually works! If it doesn't, I'll end with, "Put him up to bed until he's happy..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

That's Raffi?? I always thought you'd made up that song...

8/03/2005 08:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary P said...

You're right: I did make up that song. The apologies to Raffi are because of my title which is a take-off of one of his album titles. "Singable Songs for the Very Young" was his first, I think, and then "More Singable Songs...".

Guess you had to have been there to know that. Which you were, of course, but only as a wee baby.

8/03/2005 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home