Monday, August 01, 2005

Snarl, Mutter, Gripe

Computers... As you know, my computer has fallen apart, and is soon to be replaced. For the last week, I've been using my partner's work internet connection, but this weekend we can't seem to get online. I'm assuming that the remote connections have been disconnected while the techies work their magic. It's a long weekend here, and they can reasonably assume minimal users. So now I'm actually AT my partners work so we can blog!! Aren't we dedicated? Or is that obsessed? Or even pathetic... Anyway. Plans are afoot to fix matters, but if contact is sporadic for the next few days, you'll know why.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

It looks early enough in the day not to be taken as obsessive :-) If it was after 10pm then that could be taken as obsessive ;-]

Si

8/02/2005 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Simon Peter said...

So ... when do you buy your mac? :-)

8/03/2005 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Si: Thank you. After 10 p.m. I am generally sound asleep, so no risk there. But you may well see me on at 4 a.m. one day!

Simon: Oh, me and money... I have the funds to buy it now, but just found out that a client I thought was starting in September is not starting till December (my error), which is a 20% reduction in my projected income for three months.

Here's a peek into my resultant thought processes:

I need a computer now; I should get myself a laptop. But I'm not going to be making what I expected in the fall quarter. I can make do for the moment. But I sure would like a laptop. But it's a bit of a risk. But you I can probably do it if I'm careful. But my income tax installment is due Sept 15. But I sure would like a laptop...

8/03/2005 02:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you partner works where I think he works then this is normal. This is the way they think....

Hey it's the weekend, lets shut everything down until Monday, that way if there was anything that people hadn't completed Friday night there will be no chance it is done by Monday.

I work in an IT related shop, trust me I know (insert evil Grin here).

As for working magic sorry all our wands are as busted as our network is.

8/04/2005 04:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home