Thursday, August 04, 2005

Table Talk

I think I need to clarify something for all you people who are shaking your heads at the way I'm wasting perfectly good holiday time sweating over a table. I would never describe myself as someone overburdened with the old work ethic, but it is true that if I don't do a few "productive" things with my down-time, I feel dissatisfied, even a little depressed. So my holiday must encompass diligence, frivolity, and sloth for me to feel wholly satisfied. Now you know. The table, having had three applications of stripper, is, I think, finally varnish-free. I'm waiting for it to dry from its latest before I know for sure, but either way, I'm not using that gunk any more. From here on it, it's all sandpaper... And, I fervently hope, I can begin to apply the new finish either this evening or tomorrow morning. Woo-hoo. Someone asked if I have before and after pictures. Sadly, no. Unlike some of you Friday Stuff people, I don't tend to take pictures of my furniture. I did think of it, in fact, but the day I started my sweetie was in Halifax with the camera. Without a "before" picture, is there any point to an "after"?

7 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

I was never shaking your head, only my own :-)

8/04/2005 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

"Heads"? You have more than one??

And, yes, there is a point to an after. It'll show all your hard work.

Besides, I wanna see it.

8/04/2005 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

LOL...I'll go fix that, now, shall I?

8/04/2005 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I'll take an after picture sans before picture. I love home improvement projects.

And considering how busy you are in the daytime, I totally understand your need to save projects (and sanity!) for long holidays.

Strippers probably aren't the best thing to have around when the kids are there anyway. ;)

8/04/2005 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Sharkey said...

I wanna see! I wanna see! Oh, um, excuse me--you probably thought you were rid of the pushy little voices this month, didn't you?

But I would like to see your 'after' picture. And I bet if you looked through some old photos you'd find a 'before' somewhere (not that you have to do it for our benefit).

8/04/2005 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Okay. An "after" picture you shall get. Only it will take a while: I have no drivers on my computer, which means we're getting pictures put on a disk at the photo shop, which means I have to fill a memory card first... Or I could just buy the new computer!

8/04/2005 02:36:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Oh just buy the new computer, Mum! You know you want to! And you're on holiday! Take the time to go down to the stores and peruse.

I also want to see an after photo. I have the benefit of knowing it's condition prior to the refinishing.

8/04/2005 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home