Wednesday, September 14, 2005

All I Want

...is for you to be able to hear the jaunty reggae tune that accompanies the following lyrics by Tom Lips. "All I Want" is the title of the song from his first disk Made of Sky Here's the first verse and chorus:

Look around at the winners and losers: there is no justice under the sun but if the pattern of success is random why shouldn't I be the lucky one? Chorus: All I want is an unfair advantage all I want is to beat the odds all I want is incredible fortune flung to me from the lap of the gods. all I want! oh, that's all, that's all I want!
Your grin for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up:-)

The sad thing is, that kids today see "incredible fortune" being flung about indiscriminately and many of them do aspire to just that - getting lucky. I reckon you're better off hedging your bets, & going for the mundane hard work and just about sufficient reward.

9/14/2005 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

It's pretty much your only option, isn't it? And not much point in resenting it. Though sometimes I do pine for the freedom of a sudden, unexpected lottery win. (Doubly unexpected given that I never buy tickets!) Though I do have my ex-husband well-insured...lol

9/15/2005 07:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home