Thursday, September 08, 2005

And the Rain, Rain, Rain came Down, Down, Down

Recognize the tune? You may keep it, and let it run through your minds instead of mine. I am suffering badly enough without it. All right. So yesterday I didn't go out when I could have. But I acknowledged my error, and promised to do right today. I do not deserve to be punished further. Today dawned gloomy. But that's okay. No rain. We can go out. As I bring the stroller round from the back yard, a few drops of rain fall. Light speckles. The children all have raincoats. That won't stop us! Back into the house. Get their shoes on. I hear distant thunder. But it's distant, and I'm determined: We're getting out today! Help them into their jackets. Step out onto the porch. And are greeted by a brilliant flash of lightning. ...Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home