Thursday, September 01, 2005

Did I Miss Them?

My eldest asked me a day or two ago if I'd missed the tots over my month off. I think she was a little taken aback by my unequivocal "No". I'm fond of them, and all, but I've treasured every bit of my time off, and apart from acquiring a few professional items (how fun is it to have to shop for your business in toy stores, I ask you??), they have not been on my mind. But today, when I walked down the street with little George's hand in mine, and listened to Zach's much-increased vocabulary in that adorable toddler voice, I felt a surge of happiness wash over me. I do love these little guys! Yes, I'm glad to be back, and yes, I did miss them!

3 Comments:

Blogger aaron said...

It's ok to enjoy your time off, but it's even better to be able to enjoy what you do for a living.

And hey -- nothing against archival tales or pics around town, but I'm looking forward to reading more toddler (mis)adventures!

9/01/2005 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Ha! I knew it! They're just too cute not to miss.

9/01/2005 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Aaron: These first two days are light - only two kids - but come Tuesday, after the long weekend, and I'll be back to a full house. With lots of (mis)adventures, I'm sure!

Haley: you were right, I admit it!

9/02/2005 07:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home