Thursday, September 01, 2005

Men in Motion

While the children were away this month, I did some planning, and had some fun shopping for toys. Among other items, I purchased these two lovely items, a retro blast from the classic past:

Hobby-horses!!!
(AKA, for the cognoscenti, "a stick wiv an 'orses 'ead 'andle". Not purchased at Woolworth's, more's the pity, where they would have been much cheaper, I'm sure.) I presented them to the two boys who are here today. Showed them how to use them. Then left them to it. As you can see, they're having a great time with these things! My home resounds with "gidd-up", and "woooo", and the galloping of slipper-shod horse hooves. Yeee-haw! I'm back to work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

We have one of those horses. Charlie likes to take it to bed with him. Which gives me wierd flashbacks to the Godfather movies (which one had the guy in bed with the horses head?).

But in general, VERY CUTE!

Welcome back to work!

9/01/2005 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Eeeeewwww... I've never been able to watch that movie, and all because I was told about that scene first. Just couldn't risk seeing that. Somehow, though, I think a green-striped fluffy horse doesn't have quite the same impact.

9/02/2005 07:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home