Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Quiz for You

"Is that Mary P?" The voice on the end of the phone is female, and young. Probably in her twenties. "Yes, it is." I know already this is a "daycare call". "Umm, I got your number from a neighbour? She said you lived on Sunshine Steet?" "Yes, I do." "And, like, I was wondering, what you could tell me about your childca - er, babysitting, whatever." All right. I have already decided that I have serious reservations about accepting this woman's child into my care. Most of you have hunted for childcare at one time or another. Now's your chance to put your expertise to use, or to try out the view from the other end of the interview: Anybody want to hazard a guess as to why she's made a bad first impression? I have three reasons already. She confirms this impression in our next exchange. "When do you need to start care?" I ask. "Um, next week?"


My reasons are in the post below.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aginoth said...

Oh look more spam...will you succomb to word verification Mary?

9/04/2005 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Not yet. As long as it's one or two here and there, I'll resist. But when I get 15 or more in a day, as others I've known have, then I probably will. Thus far, I continue to resist.

9/04/2005 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home