Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Seven Things

I've been volutarily tagged by Susan, and thought I'd post it first. (I already have something written and saved to post this afternoon - how organized is that??) 7 things I plan to do before I die: I don't make these kinds of plans. However, 7 things I'd like to do before I die: 1. When I'm angry, truly, righteously, justifiably angry with someone, I want to actually show it, no holds barred, and not be frightened of the consequences. I want to experience the cleansing of anger. 2. Be debt-free - this includes the mortgage! 3. Write a book. Or two. 4. Travel widely. 5. Learn to speak French. 6. Retire into affluence. 7. See my children launched into content, productive adulthood.

(This one for Q: And get married? Still not at all sure of that one, my dear, but if I ever decide to, you're the one!)
Seven things I can do: 1. Play piano. 2. Read very quickly. 3. React calmly to a crisis. 4. See the bright side. 5. Admit my errors. Mostly. 6. Give a gracious apology when appropriate. 7. Teach (which includes potty training - you can do it, Susan!) 7 Things I cannot do: 1. Tolerate loud noises. 2. Enter a cave. 3. Express anger without feeling afraid. 4. Fly a plane. 5. Memorize stuff - I used to be able to! 6. Keep my house clean. 7. Stay awake after 10 p.m. more than three nights running. 7 Things that Attract me to the Opposite Sex: 1. Nice calves. Thighs are good, too. 2. Eye crinkles, a little grey in the hair. 3. Good listener. 4. Good conversationalist - not just chit chat, but the Real Thing. 5. Able to laugh at himself. 6. Values compatible with mine. 7. Well-read and/or well-travelled. 7 Things I Say Most Often: 1. Shhhhh! 2. Five...four...three...tw - Thank you 3. I love you. 4. Hands are not for hitting. Hands are for hugging. 5. Walk in the house. WALK. 6. What do you say? 7. Good job! 7 celebrity crushes: This one was tough. I've never formed crushes on plastic people. I also just don't pay a whole lot of attention to television, etc. However, I have lusted after: Whoever that was who played Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility. Marianne preferred Willoughby, stupid child, leaving Brandon on the loose: Oh, pick me, pick me!! Colin Firth when he played Darcy in Pride and Prejudice; all that dark and brooding sexuality, yum; Sean Connery - it's the grey hair and eye crinkle thing; For a while, I had a Pierce Brosnan thing, but it seems to have faded. And that's it. Can't come up with seven. 7 People I tag: I'll let you tag yourselves, whoever wants to!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

That bit about anger scares me. I fear that I will be the one you try it out on first. But the post gets better from there:

• The m-word: you didn't make the font small enough; I could still read it.

• Seven things you can do: you left several of my favourites off the list. I can't imagine why: you do them so well, my dear.

• Things that attract you: I was relieved to recognize myself in most items on the list. Well-travelled isn't me, but we can work on that post-retirement. It'll give us lots to talk about.

• Celebrity crushes: Have I ever mentioned that I once played the part of Heathcliff in a play?
Q

10/05/2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

You can deal with it - you're so good at this stuff! Besides, even in anger you can play fair.

"The m-word". lol Gee, I was hoping you wouldn't be wearing your glasses!

As for the rest? No comment! :-)

10/05/2005 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

So cute, you two!!

We do the counting backwards from five thing, too. We used to count 1-2-3, but I don't know why we switched.

I might do this one later.

10/05/2005 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger The June Cleaver Diaries said...

I'll tag myself.

10/05/2005 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

misfit: Glad you think so. Some would say that after 9+ years, and at our age, we should know better. (Some people lead boring lives.)

I used to count up to five, until I heard a friend doing it backwards, and decided that had much more impact.

SNMartha: Thanks. I'll look for it!

10/05/2005 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm so happy you did this! I don't know why, it was just fun to read.

And Col. Brandon was played by Alan Rickman. LOVED him. (Although now you've reminded me that I left Hugh Grant off my list--I know, I KNOW, but he's so CUTE).

10/05/2005 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Susan: It was fun to write, too. Alan Rickman, huh? I'll remember that. Hugh Grant, huh? Well, what that means is that if the two of us ever head out to a bar together, we won't be competing for ALL the same men. LOL

10/05/2005 03:27:00 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

CQ has tagged herself and posted her list on catslifeuk.

That was interesting - really made me think.

Thank you, Mary :-)

CQ

10/06/2005 04:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home