Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Excerpt

Some of you have expressed curiosity about the reams of words I've churned out this month, loosely called a "novel". I'm finding myself utterly unable to either boast or disclose. I think parts of it are good; I know parts of it are bad, but I have no objectivity about it whatsoever. Besides, it's not done yet! I'm about halfway through the rather nebulous framework in my head that is passing for a plot structure, and I do intend to finish -- though not in another month! This week, my big plan is to deal with all the dustballs that have accumulated in the past three weeks round here... (Something's had to give: the tots, my children, my spouse, and food (mostly)are not options. Nor is sleep for me - can't function to write without it. That left housework. Aww, shuckins.) But if you'd like to see a piece of it, there's an excerpt over at Simply Put. I was out last night - didn't know was doing it till it was done, and had no say in the choice of excerpt at all. Which is absolutely perfect. No pressure on me at all. So, hop over there if you're interested.

4 Comments:

Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

Why am I not surprised you referenced a hummer?

Good job, Mary P!

11/22/2005 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Mary! Great job! I want to read the rest now!

11/22/2005 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

Maybe you can post a chapter a day for your adoring fans! ; )
Maybe we can wait until it's published but then we're gonna want signed copies!

11/23/2005 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Crayonz: In fact, that's the ONLY time I do so - or at least so far!

Misfit: I'm half done, and then a TON of editing. So you can read the rest oh, next March or so??

Lory: Chapters! I haven't divided it properly into chapters yet. I started, but then forgot all about them. So we have chapters one through four being in the eight to eighteen page range, and chapter five at 62 pages and counting!! LOL

11/23/2005 09:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home