Friday, November 25, 2005

The Long Haul is Over

Aren't these nice? Fun to have, fun to display, but the truth of the matter is, I'm only halfway through. Happily, I seem to be hooked, and even if this manuscript turns out to be the embarrassment I shove in a bottom drawer and never draw out again - much like my diaries from high school - it will have been instrumental in turning me from some one who was going to write a book "some day" into someone who has actually written one, no matter what its eventual fate.

I would like to write a really, truly, published book (or two, or more) one day. So this month has been the turning point, and the beginning...

The Long Haul has Just Begun




6 Comments:

Blogger Clare's Dad said...

I always wanted to publish. Or have a play produced. I wrote a full-lenghth play a few years back that I sent to several publishing agencies. The responses came back one by one...they liked it but didn't think it could be produced (too many characters, too complex a set). Still, I felt some pride in having written it all. I entered a children's book writing contest a couple years ago too and got honorable mention. I never went any further than that, but having some recognition meant a lot. In the end, if you only write for yourself the feeling of accomplishment may be great enough. Good luck.

11/26/2005 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Congratulations. I can see your posts now - just have to click on the title at the left. I'll catch up.

11/26/2005 01:19:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Clare's Dad: You're absolultely right. While I can't deny that I'd be a little disappointed if I never published, I'm truly enjoying every step of the way. Not getting published won't change the satisfaction I'm experiencing right now!

Granny: Thanks!

11/26/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

Congrats to you mary!

11/26/2005 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

Mary,
Congratulations! The icons are great and proof of what you've done but I am so glad you're still going!

11/26/2005 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger McSwain said...

Woohoo!

11/27/2005 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home