Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Variety is the Spice of Life

My sweetie, who has been suffering a sore throat for a couple of days, gets out of bed, heads to the bathroom, returns. I check the clock - it's a full half hour after his usual wake time. He returns. I am still snuggled deep under the comforter, eyes closed, savouring the last three minutes of languor. I call to him from my cocoon. "You staying home today?" My eyes fly open when Lou Rawls answers. "Oh, yeah, I think so." I roll over to face him. "Come over here. I want to make out with a big black man." I close my eyes.

6 Comments:

Blogger LoryKC said...

Hee hee!
Now have an extra dose of vitamin C...or we'll see a post about making out with Kathleen Turner over on Lou Rawl's blog in a few days!

11/30/2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Reminds me of a story you may know, about a puppy (Rolly) with a larger than corgi sized voice, if you remember it. (-:

Sounds can be deceiving

11/30/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Lory: Called him at work to tell him to go read your comment - he loved it! Thanks!

Bill: But sounds never lie...

11/30/2005 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Bwa hahahah.

That's all.

11/30/2005 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

aww..he went to work.

what a guy!

hope he gets to feelin better!!!

11/30/2005 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Haley: Life is funny in wee snippets. Glad you liked this one. (You will impress the socks off some of my readers by being able to comment on a post about yer mum's sex life.) Mothers don't have sex lives; every child on the planet was immaculate conception, apparently... Bwah ha ha.

Kimmyk: He did, though he didn't roll in till about ten! (NOT my fault: my first client shows up at 7:45 a.m., so he had LOTS of time after I was done with him!) Today he's aiming for the 9 a.m. staff meeting, woohoo. Brave man.

12/01/2005 07:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home