Thursday, November 24, 2005

We're Cookin' Now!!

Here we see a basket of rhythm instruments, a staple in any good daycare home. In it we have sandpaper blocks, rhythm sticks (which in my teacher's college were called lummi sticks, lord knows why), shakers and rattles of various kinds, bells, castanets. There should be a tambourine, but it's off to grade seven with Emma, being part of a music project. Now, to you and me, this is a basket of musical instruments. Today, for the boys, it's a bowl of ingredients. Ingredients for making Banana Bread. Which, as it so happens, we will probably have for snack this afternoon, given the state of the remainder of the bananas we bought last grocery day...Are the boys psychic? Nothing so exotic. This is their inspiration. Looks just like a banana, doesn't it? It's not, though: it's a shaker. If the makers of rhythm instruments are going to blur the lines like that, it's their lookout when shakers are used for baking. Other ingredients included tomatoes. This is another shaker, fondly known around here as the

"Shaky Tomato".
Potatoes...
They added sugar, milk, and flour, these ingredients being invisible. And then finally, the ultimate ingredient, without which no day would be complete in Mary's home. Any idea what these babies are???

Poop!!!!

Of course... Dried Poop, to be specific Yummmm.... Wonder if it's that upscale "sundried" stuff? Care for some Banana Bread, anyone?


4 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

[embarrassed chuckle] forgot to register back in as myself...

I see a recurring theme in your house, Mary :-)

I think it comes with the age [wink]

and - er no.......I'll pass on the banana bread thank you :-)

cq

11/24/2005 04:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Sharkey said...

Gee, that banana bread sounds really good, but I'm afraid I'm a little too full after all the turkey and pumpkin pie I ate today. Thanks, though!

11/24/2005 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

CQ: Yes, it is indeed a recurring theme at this age. Because of my chosen profession, it's been a recurrent theme in my house for about ten years now - and that doesn't include when my own children were going through it! That's a lotta poop...

Sharkey: We'll save you some. I'm sure there'll be leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/26/2005 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

So that's the secret ingredient: dingleberries!

11/28/2005 01:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home