Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ah, That's Better

I had been venting my frustration into the listening ears of my sweetie. I've been working so hard, so consistently, so insistently with this particular child, who seems wholly impervious to my every tactic. (My sweetie listens patiently and supportively to my tantrum. You think caregivers don't have teeny little lady-like tantrums from time to time? Ha!) And then he speaks words of wisdom, soothing and kind, putting the whole endeavour into its right perspective: "You succeed with this child every time you reach the end of the day and the child is still alive." He's so wise.

3 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

that's how i feel about my own....

if they're alive at the end of the day? i've done my job.

12/04/2005 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

I bet the parents of the child appreciate that you don't kill him :)

12/04/2005 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Kimmyk: Don't we all, some days?? At least I'm getting PAID for this one! (And oh, how I earn my keep...) :-)

Haley: They have No Idea. I've had other kids who were real going concerns, but their parents knew just how much work they were and were my biggest fans for loving their kids as I did.

This one's parents think he's so funny and charming and lively and sweet, which he is - and they also think he's "no trouble at all"... Sigh.

12/05/2005 02:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home