Sunday, December 04, 2005

Keeping you Up-to-Date

I suddenly realized that big changes are afoot at Mary's house, and I have not apprised you of them at all. For shame. 1. I am getting a new baby! (Please note the verb: getting, not having.) Eleven-month-old Marc, George's baby brother, starts tomorrow morning. Yes, yet another boy. I just attract males in droves, what can I say? 2. Baby Alice will be quitting at the end of the month. I'm losing one of the only two girls! Alice's mother is expecting another child in January, and unlike many of my clients, Alice's mother will stay home with both her babies for her year-long maternity leave. Yay, Alice's mom! There are so many things to love about that woman, besides her darling baby. I will miss her. 3. Thomas is back!! He's coming every other Friday for the next little while. And now you know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

Aww, George's baby brother! How exciting!

12/04/2005 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Wow, a year's maternity leave - who does she work for?

oh, or is it unpaid? I can take nearly a year unpaid, doesn't help much tho:-(

12/05/2005 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

Ooh, for a minute there I was wondering where we were going to put the bassinet.
Q

12/05/2005 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Simon Peter said...

I was going to ask where to mail the gift, but I guess I don't need to now. And it's so sweet that you told your blog friends before telling Q.

12/05/2005 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Haley: And so far, he's a sweetie. (Two and a half hours into our first day.) He's even napping, right at this very moment - which is why my arms are baby-free for typing just now.

MrsA: I'm not sure who she works for, but it wouldn't matter: a year's maternity leave (with 60 or 65% pay, I forget) is standard in Canada. Many employers top it up beyond that, some as high as 95%. All my clients get topped-up pay in the 90% plus range.

Q: Basinette?? I thought we'd agreed we needed nothing fancier than a crab crate!

Simon: I'm glad you appreciate being in the know: see how straight are my priorities?? And feel free to mail any gifts you like, baby or no...

12/05/2005 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home