Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Favourite Things

Susan is sick and feeling dispirited, and wants people to post on their favourite things, the things that lift their spirits, hoping it might have a similar effect on hers. Oooo. I get to have fun and help someone: what a fun assignment! Here's my list. Q Sex. Strange how thinking of Q brought that to mind... Green. Any shade except chartreuse, aka bile green. Christmas. Christmas trees, Christmas carols, midnight church services, shopping, giving gifts, stuffing stockings. I love it all! Almonds, and by extension, marzipan. I love, love, love marzipan. Privacy. Baby giggles. Asparagus, cheese, (except blue), Miss Vicki's S&V potato chips, licorice allsorts. Silk. Tea. Except I can't drink it any more because of this damned almost-ulcer. Walking by the river near my home. Singing. The sounds our budgie makes. Meaningful talks with my kids. Touching. Sensual backrubs. Music, especially chamber music and the blues. The fact that my youngest brings friends home regularly. Reading. Long, seeking conversations. Babies finding their bellybuttons. Solitude. Long walks. Laughing. A pint with a friend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

There are some good suggestions in there for Christmas presents. (Since some of us haven't done our Christmas shopping yet.)

I think Walmart has a pre-Christmas special on baby giggles …
Q

12/14/2005 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love the green, love the baby giggles, love the tea. And I wish I could have a pint with you--today!

Maybe someday. Happy Christmas--thanks for playing! I feel less grinchy with every list I read!

Q, are you playing?

12/14/2005 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

I'm a real Grinch when it comes to doing meme posts … I have yet to play along with one. But for you, Susan, I can at least muster up a list here on Mary P.'s blog:

• Mary P. (obvious, but it's heartfelt!)
• sex (ditto)
• being able to breathe clearly (I suffer from chronic sinus congestion)
• music
• well-written theology
• politics
• dialogue (face to face or in the blogosphere)
• singing a favourite worship song in church
• the company of children in the years just prior to high school
• my Dad
• "chillers" (a Canadian variation on a Starbucks frappaccino)
• peanut butter

I'm sure there are plenty of things I'm overlooking, but those are among the basic pleasures of my life.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Q

12/14/2005 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Q: You missed the most obvious one of all! Chocolate!

12/14/2005 05:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Nothing But Bonfires said...

I think I have found the only other person in the world who likes Licorice Allsorts! And you can get them in Canada? I AM SO JEALOUS. I'm a transplanted Brit living in the states and can't find them anywhere.

12/14/2005 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger The June Cleaver Diaries said...

Ooh! I forgot about a pint with a friend when I posted my fav's on Susan's site! I forgot about sex, too. Hmmmm.

12/14/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Q: Baby Alice is leaving at the end of this month, and taking her wonderful, wonderful giggles with her. We must record her giggles! THAT would be a good Christmas present. She has The Best Baby Giggles in the Universe!

Susan: Glad you're feeling better! I'm not drinking for another week, anyway, as my stomach has been giving me grief lately. How about we have that pint after Christmas??

Haley: You're right! He couldn't live without his chocolate: M&Ms peanut, and President's Choice dark with almonds.

NBBonfires: Welcome! I've loved allsorts since I was a kid, and yes, you can buy them here. We pick ours up at the grocery store. In fact, only last week, Q brought me home the great big one-pound Christmas promotional box. Here, you can have some...just a sec... oh, sorry, I guess they're all gone now. (*burp*)

SNM: You didn't really forget about sex; you were just too refined to go on about it in public like some of us do, classy woman that you are. ;-)

12/14/2005 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

Almonds. mmmmmmmm.

Luv um, when I was on the atkins diet I had a recipe for a pudding which involved copious ammounts of almonds (flaked and ground).

12/15/2005 05:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

*smacks forhead* How could I have ommitted sex!!!!

Oh, and marzipan. Mmmm....

12/18/2005 01:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home