Friday, January 20, 2006

Anybody Interested?

An Alert Reader (Dave Barry isn't the only one who has them, evidently) has Alerted me to Frappr. It's a site that hosts groups, and is an interesting idea in its own right. My Alert Reader suggests that were I to open a Frappr account, we could all use the map function, to show our global locale, pinpoint commenters geographically. He further comments that no other bloggers are doing it yet, but it could become wildly popular - and then WE could take pride in knowing we'd started the Next Big Thing! I think it's a cool idea. What do you think, oh loyal readers? If I open a Frappr account, would you enjoy sticking your pin in the map? You don't have to identify your street address - though it seems it's possible for some areas! - but just your city, or perhaps even just your state or county or province (or whatever the equivalent is in your country). Check out the link, look at the map option, which would be the only aspect of the Frappr services I'd be using, at least to start, and tell me what you think. Shall we do it?

13 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

Sounds like an interesting idea, can I put my baloon in the little lake near our house, which suprisingly enough is on the map :-)

Don't forget the sidebar link!!

1/20/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

You... you want me to stick my pin in your map? That sounds dirty! LOL

Just kidding. Sure!

1/20/2006 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

Sure...let's take a walk on the wild side!

1/20/2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

I know of one or two blogs that are already using Frappr. But I agree, it's a cool idea.

Jen-o-rama — you are just the kind of reader Mary P. loves. When she wrote, "I injured my back while pole vaulting", she expected someone would have fun with it.

1/20/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger ieatcrayonz said...

I have an account. I'll do it!

1/20/2006 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

Thank you, Q!

1/20/2006 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Si: Oh, yeah, the link. Guess that would help. I can call it "Stick your pin in my map", just for Jen's entertainment.

Jen's in, Lory's in, Crayonz and Q, too. Okay, we'll do it.

(Q: Psst... We don't know anyone else who is doing this. It's our idea. We're starting a trend. Shhhh...)

1/20/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Andie D. said...

I too have seen a couple of other sites with this.

Yes, go for it! Fun idea!

1/20/2006 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

cool idea..... I seem to be the only blue maker there though.
Not that I'm complaining.

1/20/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Andie: It's up now. Are you on the map yet?

Jeff: Not always such a bad thing to be the only male in the room, but in fact you're not. Si up there is blue - but he's in England, so you'll have to scroll east to find him! Q should be blue, but his marker is hidden behind mine - and it's pink! Oops. He'll be fixing that soon, I'm sure...

1/20/2006 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Hi - I just stuck my pin in your map and it worked (I was already registered from another site) but it says remove me. Ignore that please. I don't know how to fix it. I want to be on your map.

1/21/2006 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I can't remember which blogger is using it already but I'm pretty sure it's one of my visitors from Japan. It will spread.

1/21/2006 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

granny: Yay! More pins! How fun!

1/21/2006 08:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home