Saturday, January 21, 2006

While I Was Researching...

Picture me industriously preparing a couple of posts on how to get your toddlers to eat vegetables. It's by way of a public service, don't you know. I was googling for pictures to accompany the text, make it bright and yummy. Have you ever noticed how, when you're researching one thing, you tend to pick up odd bits of information on peripherally related topics along the way? Take baby carrots, for example. Have you ever wondered where they come from? I mean, I've grown carrots, and I've never produced weeny little stumpy baby carrots. Even if the soil's not prepared properly and you get short ones, they're never that small! So where do these things come from? It's a puzzler, no doubt.

Well, puzzle no more, because I have found the solution! . . . . . . . .
And that, my friends, was post number four hundred! Well worth the wait, I'm sure.

(If you click on the picture, it will take you to the website where I found it, which has about a gazillion vegetable recipes.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Juggling Mother said...

That really is hilarious!

1/22/2006 05:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

I thought so! Hey, I love your new picture. Did you do it yourself? Oh, and if you're interested, please go check out that new sticker on my sidebar, over there on the left, see it? You could stick a pin in the map - I've only got one of my UK readers on it yet!

1/22/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Andie D. said...

Too cute!

1/22/2006 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

LOL!!!! It's worth the patience for such a bursting pic of carrot creation!

1/23/2006 02:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Andie, Queen Bee: LOL They do come up out of the ground like this sometimes. I've seen the oddest carrots in my time...

1/23/2006 07:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home