Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Draw a House

Found this at Ms. Sisyphus. If you have time this is kind of fun. Your older children, home on school break, might enjoy trying this out, too! You draw a house, and then you are provided with an in-depth analysis of your personality. Well, an analysis. Your kids will probably like doing it without the analysis, though that might increase the entertainment factor for you! If you like, you can see my house. (Obviously, someone has lots of time on her hands...) You don't get to colour it until the very last step, which might have changed how I proceeded if I'd realized! Still, as you can see, I had a lot of fun with the colour. You can also see my character analysis there, too. Let's see... You are sensitive and indecisive at times. (Check) You are a freedom lover and a strong person. (Check) You love your house and family. (Yes, indeed) You are a gifted artist as well. (I laugh out loud...) Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. (Sometimes, I guess. Other times I prefer to worry it through on my own.) Your life is always full of changes. (Not particularly.) You are very tidy person. (Picture me rolling about on the floor laughing at this one.) There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. (No idea, though I doubt it. Friends are important, popularity isn't. Why would there be anything wrong with being tidy, anyway?) Your life is always full of changes. (Not really.) You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. (Absolutely NOT true.) You love excitement and create it wherever you go. (So NOT true.) You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be. (I like to think so.) You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. (Don't long. Got it.) We also see that you are sensuous, sexual, and privately passionate. (No comment. Like it says, privately.) You are self-confident and happy with your life. (Yes.)

13 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

I participated in this only because I am bored :-)

http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=296403&houseHash=9e76730799f87d64bd8a970b000677a1

The analysis isn't entirely accurate

3/14/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

I am NO artist and my analysis was a little off but not bad! Thanks for the link!

3/14/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger MsSisyphus said...

Show off. :P

3/14/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen (aka Q) said...

You are a gifted artist.
You laugh, but remember our recent visit to the art gallery? I would pay more for your drawing of the house than for several of the works I saw on display.

You create excitement everywhere you go.
Depends on what shirt you're wearing.

privately passionate.
And you've even learned to engage in the occasional PDA.
[Public Display of Affection]

3/14/2006 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

I might have to do this.

3/14/2006 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Si: A creditable effort! None of the analyses are entirely accurate, it seems. Sigh. Psychology just isn't what it used to be...

Lory: What this is, is an excuse for a half-hour's procrastination. Not that I ever indulge in any such thing. Nor you, I'm sure.

MsS: You think so? Thank you!! :P, yourself. (She grins.)

Journeyman: True. It's certainly more lively than that immense pale green canvas.

PDA - not just your digital assistant any more!

Jen: Let the boys have a go. They'd probably like it. Might even keep them quiet for twenty minutes. (Unless they give up in disgust after three! The ten-year-old male in these here parts today was definitively NOT interested.)

3/14/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger stefanierj said...

Quick! Draw a similar house, preferably in the "Sugarhouse" area of Salt Lake City, and put a sign on it that says "Matic Family Residence." WOW!!

Thanks for the link--it was fun. We should start a street.

3/14/2006 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

This was cool. My personality analysis was pretty close, actually.

3/14/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Stefanierj: "Sugarhouse". What a nice name. Where'd it come from? I thought of starting a street, but didn't take the time to see how it was done. We'd have to make sure all the front yards and sidewalks were littered with balls, dolls, and ride-on toys, just for authenticity. And of course our street would be safe for the children to play in!

Kristen: Did you post it??

3/14/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I gave it a go, athough my artistic abilities rank somewhere down in minus numbers:-( After 5 mins of trying I discovered I really couldn't draw a straight line!

My analysis came up as:

You are sensitive and indecisive at times.
You are a freedom lover and a strong person.
You are shy and reserved.
You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends.
Your life is always full of changes.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible.
You love excitement and create it wherever you go.
You have a strong personality and you like to command, influence and control people.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love.
It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt.
You don't think much about yourself.


Not too bad except for the tidy bit - that had me wetting myself with laughter:-)

I had 9 flowers in my garden - does that mean I long for nine lovers?

3/15/2006 04:07:00 AM  
Blogger CINDY said...

I like your FISH POND.

3/15/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I gave up after my totally ludicrous pig. I can not draw! I could do the house but then they want you to add stuff. Maybe I'll let Rochelle be a "ghost" artist for me.

3/15/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

This did not turn outquite as planned, thanks to a touchpad, not a mouse, some of my answers were based on what I *tried* to do, not what happened!

http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=297068&houseHash=f006d74df0145f80062078fb7eff00d

3/15/2006 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home