Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Playdough and Poop Cones - three minutes of Darcy and George

"I’m making dog poop." "You are?" "Uh-huh. See?" "Well, I’m making cookies." "You want to know how to make dog poop, Darcy?" "Okay, George." "Well, you take your playdough like this, and you wole, wole, wole it, and then you fladden it out. You fladden it out like this. Then you wole it some more and make a pile, and that’s dog poop. Then you fladden it out again and make a cake. You make a cake like this, and it’s all nice and warm." (Mmm...Warm dog poop cake.) "Now we need to wash our hands." (My heart warms: my training is paying off!) "Yes! Wash, wash, wash, wash, wash." "When we’re doing making one cake, we can make some more dog poop, and then we can make another cake! My cake is made out of chocolate. Chocolate poop." "Now I need to make a surprise, George." (What? Warm chocolate dog poop cake isn't surprising enough for you?) "Is it dog poop?" "No, it’s a house." "With people in it?" "No, it doesn’t have people in it. It just has pretend people in it." "And dog poop?" (Surprise!) "No, 'cuz they don’t gots a dog." "I will make them a dog." "But your dog can’t poop in the house, only in the yard." "I will make you a dog pooping on the ground outside, a dog pooping on the ground." "I’m making pine cones for the ground outside." "Hey, your pine cones look like dog poop!" George is delighted. "Yes, but they’re pine cones." Darcy is firm. "Pine cones?" A little coaxing. "Pine cones." More firmness. "That look like dog poop." "They’re poop cones." Impish grin from Darcy. "Poop cones?!?" Bawdy laughter from the both of them. Yeah, and the poop cones will keep the bad guys away from my house. (I'll just bet.) And now we need to wash our hands again. Yeah. Wash, wash, wash, wash, wash.

11 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I should take a picture of our front "yard". We have pine cones and rocks for decorations.

Those boys are hilarious.

3/01/2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Chag said...

Zoey's made poop with Play-Doh before. Of course, she's also made blood.

Gotta ask, is that "art" real? If so, where is it located?

3/01/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

oh yes, overheard at a 4-year-old's bday party once:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because he had to take a poop!
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
They are SO funny -how do you not laugh too?

3/01/2006 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger jw said...

PileCake...so much chocolate. Yum!

3/01/2006 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger MsSisyphus said...

Zen Baby just pooped in the potty! (Sorry, it's a first and I'm excitedly envisioning an end to diapers.)

3/01/2006 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Sometimes I ask, are kid's sense of smell weaker? Most kids seem to have played or messed around with pooh before...

3/02/2006 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Granny: Pine cones and rocks? Are any of the rocks painted? Did the girls do it?

Chag: No blood here. Lots of poop, as you know, and also spit and barf and pee on occasion. Lovely.

Yes, that's real art. Looking for pictures for this post, I did an image search using "pile of poo" as my subject. Got some pretty gross stuff, let me tell you. This, however, came up a couple of times, labelled "San Jose's famous pile of poo".

I Googled 'San Jose' and found no mention of their "famous pile of poo" - which is made of metal and carved with all sorts of angles, patterns, and decorations. If you find out anything more, let me know!

KIttepie: They are funny. They don't always GET jokes. Well, they know jokes are things that make other people laugh, but they don't quite understand why. Average Mom has a funny post on that very subject.

JW: Is Pile Cake a real thing, or simply inspired by this post? We (adults) love chocolate around here - the real thing, that is, not the playdough dog poop variation.

MsSisyphus: HURRAY!! Congratulations! Yes, the end is definitely in sight!

QueenBee: I've seen kids fingerpaint with the stuff. Not, of course, that I stood by and watched. Course, it all doesn't smell equally bad: seems the taboo on feces is not inherent, but is taught. It's pretty effectively taught, though, isn't it?

3/02/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

Well, at least they are washing, right?

3/02/2006 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

My son would SO love to play with those boys!!!

3/02/2006 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

missisyphus, I too am looking forward to the end, although little pumpkinpie is about to move to daycare, so I figure I won't push the point until she's settled. Meanwhile, she does it at times and not at others. She did one morning have a *major* poo incident that involved her hands and much of her crib environs being coated too, but being a neat freak (obviously not my own genes!) she was quite upset about it.

3/03/2006 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger jw said...

Mary, pilecake.jpg is the file name of the photo that you posted. Is that playdough and not real chocolate? Darn, I was drooling.

(Disregard the time of this post. There was a crash outside and I had to go look. Someone crashed through a fire hydrant -- lots of water out there.)

3/05/2006 05:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home