Six Weird Things Meme
Kittenpie and Peter both tagged me for this.
Here are the rules:
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.
2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things.
3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!).
I don't know! I'm not weird! No, really, I'm not. Well, I don't think I am... Hang on a sec...
...Brief consultation with my family, and they give me -- nothing. "You're kinda normal, mom," say my teenage children. Is that a weird thing? I think I'll use it! Okay, so we have:
1. My teenagers think I'm normal. (That has to be weird.)
2. To hear my eldest tell it, I once discussed oral sex at the dinner table in the presence of her new boyfriend. I hasten to add that I have no recollection of said conversation, but given my memory, that doesn't really prove anything.
3. I almost always leave the bathroom not quite put together, and come down the stairs tucking in my shirt, zipping the fly, and/or or buckling the belt. It comes of years of anticipating bedlam if I linger behind a shut (never locked!) door, I'm quite sure. So far I have managed NOT to do this when we have company.
4. I occasionally carry a hummer in my purse.
5. Although I love words, and have no trouble writing what I want to say, when speaking I occasionally lose words entirely. I will find myself trying to say one word - "jacket", say - but cannot get past the other word - ummm, "squirrel" - that keeps leaping into the verbal queue ahead of "jacket". I know "squirrel" is the wrong word, but simply can't lay my hands (mind? tongue?) on the right one, so I stand there in open-mouthed silence, hoping the right word will leap to the forefront. This quirk often has me resorting to the ubiquitous "thing", like some annoyingly imprecise adolescent. Urgh.
6. I don't much like hamburgers, and spaghetti. Serve either for dinner, and I'll just have the salad, thanks. Except some days, and suddenly that's exactly what I'm craving, and I'll scarf down as much as you'll give me. Now that's weird.
And I tag...whoever hasn't already done this and would like to! Leave me a comment to let me know you'll be doing it, so we can all go and check out your weirdness.