Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Few of My Favourite (Canada Day) Things

The crowds! This picture was taken last year. I'm in there somewhere, really! Wearing a bright red sarong and white t-shirt for Canada Day. See me?? The Peace Tower on the Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings, complete with flag, but of course, and I think maybe we caught one of the Snow Birds, who perform over Parliament Hill every Canada Day. Check out the video clips on the link. Those guys are amazing. What the clips show you is their astonishing precision. What they don't really show you is the speed, and what they can't convey is the roar of the planes as they pass overhead, a roar that rattles the air around you. I love it! And finally, the fireworks! I didn't take this picture, but I know right where it was taken. I can walk here from my house. Even if I don't go to see the fireworks, I can feel them through the floor, hear them rattling the windows. Such fun!

Happy Canada Day!



~~~~~~~~~~~~ © 2006, Mary P

5 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I think I saw you Miss Mary P!

Right beside that one guy...he looked familiar too...might be another blogger. HA!

Happy Canada Day to you!

Guess that's like our 4th here in the states huh?

Enjoy your weekend!

7/01/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Sharkey said...

Happy Canada Day! Enjoy!

7/01/2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

You stand out like a sore thumb in that photo. Anyone would recognize you immediately.

Happy Canada Day!!

7/01/2006 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Happy Canada Day, Mary!!!

7/01/2006 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

So that is what you look like. I have been wondering.

7/03/2006 08:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home