Sunday, July 16, 2006

Life Experiences Meme

Bold the ones you've done.. 01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink 02. Swam with wild dolphins 03. Climbed a mountain 04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive 05. Been inside the Great Pyramid 06. Held a tarantula 07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone 08. Said 'I love you' and meant it 09. Hugged a tree 10. Bungee jumped 11. Visited Paris 12. Watched a lightning storm at sea 13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise 14. Seen the Northern Lights 15. Gone to a huge sports game 16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa 17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables 18. Touched an iceberg 19. Slept under the stars 20. Changed a baby's diaper (Yes, I have! Really!! LMAO.) 21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon 22. Watched a meteor shower 23. Gotten drunk on champagne. Ick, no. I hate champagne. Bleah. 24. Given more than you can afford to charity 25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope 26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment 27. Had a food fight 28. Bet on a winning horse (Too bad I didn't actually PLACE that bet!) 29. Asked out a stranger 30. Had a snowball fight 31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can 32. Held a lamb 33. Seen a total eclipse 34. Ridden a roller coaster 35. Hit a home run 36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking 37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (A few hours. Never an entire day.) 38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment 39. Had two hard drives for your computer 40. Visited all 50 states 41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced 42. Had amazing friends 43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country 44. Watched wild whales 45. Stolen a sign 46. Backpacked in Europe (I've travelled there, but no backpack) 47. Taken a road-trip 48. Gone rock climbing 49. Midnight walk on the beach 50. Gone sky diving (God, no! Afraid of heights.) 51. Visited Ireland 52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love (THAN! It's "THAN", you idiot who wrote this, not "THEN". Sheesh.) 53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them 54. Visited Japan 55. Milked a cow (Though I've often expressed my own milk, and felt very much like a cow at the time...) 56. Alphabetized your cds 57. Pretended to be a superhero 58. Sung karaoke 59. Lounged around in bed all day 60. Posed nude in front of strangers (An art class; a friend of mine was the instructor.) 61. Gone scuba diving 62. Kissed in the rain 63. Played in the mud 64. Played in the rain 65. Gone to a drive-in theater 66. Visited the Great Wall of China 67. Started a business 68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken 69. Toured ancient sites 70. Taken a martial arts class 71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight 72. Gotten married 73. Been in a movie 74. Crashed a party (Ha! Yesterday, in fact!!) 75. Gotten divorced (Another Good Life Decision) 76. Gone without food for 5 days 77. Made cookies from scratch 78. Won first prize in a costume contest 79. Ridden a gondola in Venice 80. Gotten a tattoo 81. Rafted the Snake River 82. Been on television news programs as an "expert" 83. Got flowers for no reason 84. Performed on stage (Acting: very amateur, but yes, on a stage. Piano recitals, not so amateur, but I'm no musician, just a good student!) 85. Been to Las Vegas 86. Recorded music 87. Eaten shark 88. Had a one-night stand 89. Gone to Thailand 90. Bought a house 91. Been in a combat zone 92. Buried one/both of your parents 93. Been on a cruise ship 94. Spoken more than one language fluently 95. Performed in Rocky Horror. 96. Raised children. 97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour 98. Created and named your own constellation of stars 99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country 100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over 101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge 102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking (Only ALL. THE. TIME. I love to sing. :-) ) 103. Had plastic surgery 104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived. 105. Wrote articles for a large publication 106. Lost over 100 pounds 107. Held someone while they were having a flashback 108. Piloted an airplane 109. Petted a stingray 110. Broken someone's heart 111. Helped an animal give birth 112. Won money on a T.V. game show 113. Broken a bone 114. Gone on an African photo safari 115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced 116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol 117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild 118. Ridden a horse 119. Had major surgery 120. Had a snake as a pet 121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon 122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours 123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states 124. Visited all 7 continents 125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days 126. Eaten kangaroo meat 127. Eaten sushi 128. Had your picture in the newspaper 129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about 130. Gone back to school 131. Parasailed 132. Petted a cockroach (Nope. Only squashed them.) 133. Eaten fried green tomatoes 134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey 135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read (Way more than one!) 136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating 137. Skipped all your school reunions 138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language 139. Been elected to public office (if grade 8 student council counts!) 140. Written your own computer language 141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream 142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care 143. Built your own PC from parts 144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you 145. Had a booth at a street fair 146: Dyed your hair 147: Been a DJ 148: Shaved your head 149: Caused a car accident (Just a little fender-bender, and I wasn't in either car. Apparently that skirt was very distracting. Hee!) 150: Saved someone's life Not such a bad list, all in all. Any questions?

19 Comments:

Blogger jw said...

Mary, that is a great list. "Caused a car accident." Will be looking for you to post picture of you in that skirt!!!

7/16/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Wow. I'll copy it but don't know when I'll get to it. I'm about 3 memes behind and have accidentally done a couple of them twice.

7/16/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

wow, this is fun! Do you mind if I copy it and use it too? I'm (if you can believe) having a hard time with the things I hate one that is sitting in my draft file!

7/16/2006 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Sharkey said...

I first started reading this in my feed reader, where nothing is in bold type. I thought, "Man, that Mary is boring!" But then it occurred to me to come HERE and read it. So glad you've actually had some life experience. :)

7/16/2006 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

JW: No pictures. This is a family blog!

The nice thing about growing older is that the list of things you've done in your life gets longer. The corollary to that is that just because you've done something once doesn't mean you could or should do it again.

In short: the skirt no longer fits. :D

Granny: Just think: if you'd only done them once apiece, you'd only be ONE meme behind, you little keener, you!

Kittenpie: Of course not! The nice thing about this one is that it's so easy: just copy and paste, and then block and bold. Easy, and interesting, too.

Sharkey: HA! Not only am I boring then, but I'm stupid, too, choosing a meme I can't do. "Hey, and here's another thing I've never done! Aren't you glad you read this thing??"

Thanks for the laugh!

7/16/2006 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

You're response to Sharkey is accurate of how I feel about most things on myspace. I'm going to do this one - but not sure if I actually will post it. I have a feeling there aren't many that I can bold. We'll see.

7/16/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger McSwain said...

Seriously, Mary, #42 surprises the hell out of me because I have no doubt you'd BE an amazing friend. If I lived in your neck of the woods I'd bring over a cup of coffee and see what we could do about getting that one in bold. ;) Not that I'm so amazing or anything, but you get the intent. :)

7/16/2006 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger lara said...

wow, ever since going back to school and becoming absolutely swamped with work, i've been looking for quick and easy posts for the blog. this is, as you say, "Easy, and interesting, too." thanks for sharing!

and as an english teacher, the then-than thing bugged me, too, as do the inconsistent verb tenses. i'm such a grammar snob... :-P

7/17/2006 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Fun one! It makes me think of the "Purity tests" that went around freshman year of college, where everyone would keep score (haha) of how many activites you could check off a list. That would definitely not work for the family blog. ;)

7/17/2006 02:19:00 AM  
Blogger sunshine scribe said...

I really, really love this one Mary. So fun and so interesting!

7/17/2006 06:56:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Angela: As I said to Jerry, the longer you've lived, the longer your list will be! When I was not-quite-21, my list would have been MUCH shorter!

Cheryl: Thank you. I think you'd be an amazing friend, too. Too bad it's such a long commute. :-)

Kari: Well, they are two different words. Quite different, with different meanings. (Just like 'its' and 'it's'. Ahem.) Don't apologize for being picky: Communication is difficult enough without mangling the language!

LadyM: I remember those! Although in freshman year, my list would have been veeery short. (I was a late bloomer.) ;-)

Sunshine: You can certainly use it if you want. I'd like to see you list.

7/17/2006 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger CINDY said...

no # 133?? Eaten Fried Green Tomatoes? Do you have plans to try them? They are great!!! They are both tart and sweet.

7/17/2006 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

Here's mine!

LadyM, my list on the 100-question purity test was VERY short freshman year in college. By sophomore year, not so much. I recently re-took it (I'm 35 now), and um...yeah, let's not go there.

7/17/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I did this one too, it's here.

I had to correct the then/than. I couldn't live with it - and I never spell check or check my capitals!

7/17/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

What fun! Maybe I'll try this one. In the meantime, thank you for sharing! It's fun to learn things about people you'd never think to ask!

7/17/2006 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

My version of the list ishere
I confess...I had to correct "then" too.

About those cockroaches...I certainly never considered petting them but the only ones I have seen (and known what I was looking at) were in the zoo!

I was pretty loose with some of my definitions. My "mountain" is barely a hill to most people, but it has "mount" in its name so I went with it. (Mount Chocorua in New Hampshire - twice) It's all of 3500 feet.

Looks like I have lots more to accomplish...but we won't talk about the purity tests!

7/18/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

Stealing this.

7/18/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous the weirdgirl said...

What a great list! I especially liked the commentary and grammatical corrections.

Oh, and love your new site (PiP) by the way!

7/19/2006 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kat O+ said...

What fun! I copied your list and posted my own version. Like Kim, I used very liberal definitions for some of them... :-)

7/21/2006 01:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home