Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good Heavens!

And here I always thought it was words connected with sex that had the most euphemisms! We've got - my this, nunu, sucker, pats, suckie or soothie, do-do (which 'round here is used to label the stuff the dog leaves behind), pass, plug, eye-yi, foffer, pucky, snoop, Mr.B, titties, baby plug, an 'uh-oh', and then, for more international flare, smoczek (or smok for short). And, if what Mamabear tells us is true, Leah better not be calling it a peepka around any Polish folk! And if there are more, please don't tell me! I'm very, very tired of making links... ~~~~~~~~~~~~ © 2006, Mary P

4 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline said...

Maybe next you should do different names for blankies :). I didn't find out until I was a grown up that "dit-do" was just a made up word that the neighbor girl used for hers...

11/09/2006 02:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Si said...

ROFLMAO

You blogged, you received. tis quite funny really

11/09/2006 07:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, we pronounce it doe-doe! great blog, I check every day, must sign up to whatever ever it you have to so that I can stop being anonymous! jenny in the uk x

11/10/2006 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Jacqueline: And after blankies, if I'm a true glutton for punishment, we can do words for breast or bottle! Wa-hoo!

Si: I have no one to blame but myself. You're quite right. An embarrassment of riches.

Jenny: Doe-doe. Ahhhh... I have a sort-of cousin named Jenny, also in the UK. Quelle coincidence! (I'm sure there's only the two of you over there...)

When you make a comment, you can, if you wish, tick the "other" option, and just type in your name. That's what Si up there does, which is why his name comes out black, with no link. You can also simply create a blogger profile for yourself, without bothering to do a blog, and then your name will be a link to your profile, which can tell people as much about yourself as you feel like telling. All sorts of options!

11/10/2006 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home