Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mysteries of Life

"Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh!" Anna is Dissatisfied. Something Must be Done. "Eh! Eh! Eh!" Only what exactly is the problem? It's a lovely sunny day, we're going for a walk, the sky is blue, the grass is still mostly green, and it's mild enough that she doesn't have to wear those Nasty Mittens, nor even Evil Hat!! What more could a little girl want? Oh! Her kitty has slipped. It's almost out of her grasp, and baby Anna never goes anywhere without a soft toy. Mystery solved. "Here you go, baby girl." "Eh! Eh, you eh, eh stupid EH, woman EH!" What? I can hear the subtext as well as anyone. Anna's arms strain towards me, and then, suddenly... Kitty is forcibly ejected from the stroller!! Can it be? Anna is rejecting a stuffed toy? Evidently so. Poor kitty lays on the path, forlorn and abandoned. Malli, who has been walking a bit to the rear of the stroller, draws closer in concern. "Baby Anna drop a toy! Baby Anna cat onna ground!" "EH! EEEEEHHHHHH!!!!" Once more, Anna's arms strain towards... Ah...!* The mystery is solved. Seems Raggedy Anne has trumped poor Kitty. The solution to the dilemma? Trade seats in the stroller, so Anna faces forward, Timmy faces back. Now, only Timmy can see Malli. Without the temptation of Raggedy Anne, Kitty resumes favour, and all is well. We love a happy ending. *Features skillfully (and subtly) concealed so as to preserve anonymity. Anyone out there available for Photoshop tutorials? ~~~~~~~~~~~~ © 2006, Mary P

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

There's always something better out there. Especially if it's not yours to have!

If you find a tutor for Photoshop - I'd join the lessons!! I'm not even sure I could put a square over her eyes like that!!

11/02/2006 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

I can give you some photoshop lessons over Christmas if you want. The green square works by me though...

11/02/2006 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger stefanierj said...

Oh, no I like the green square. Looks very "Offical Redacting Guidelines Model" to me.

11/02/2006 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I do well to get a picture on the blog.

11/02/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger lara said...

wait, you mean that's not her real face? the green is added? this girl is not, in fact, the love-child of kermit the frog and goldilocks? that's too bad... :-P

11/02/2006 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love the simple solution. Raggedy Anne, she scared me as a child.

11/03/2006 07:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

Angela: I'm not sure what program enabled me to do that. It's not photoshop, in fact; it just pops up with the pictures if I click the right series of icons... This is called working by the seat of your pants, which is how I do most of my computer work.

Haley: The green square is crude but effective. I'd like to know how to do that cool skin-tone pixellation that blurs the face. 'Course, I don't even know if we have photoshop...

Stefanierj: 'Redact'. I'd never seen that word until about two months ago. Is it new, or has there just been such a resurgance of the practice that the word had to be resurrected? Anyway, the green blot effectively hides the kid, which was all I needed.

Granny: I'm a great 'by-the-seat-of-my-pants' computer fiddler...

Kari: She has interesting parents, but no, not quite that interesting. Isn't her hair great, though?

MamacitaTina: Simplest is often the best, particularly with toddlers. Do clowns scare you, too? I have a friend (an adult) who is frightened of clowns.

11/03/2006 08:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home