Spoon: a common eating utensil, or item of cutlery, somewhat like a small spade, with a bowl-shaped end on a handle, that occurs in a number of sizes and forms. Its main [purpose is] for conveying food to the mouth...
Well, maybe in some places. Places more civilized than my dining room. So far this lunch time, spoons have been used to:
- spray lasagna across the dining room table
- beat on the table top
- beat against the metal legs of the high chairs - GA-DING-CHINGA-CHINGA-DING!!!
- beat on your friend's head - AAAAH!
- stir lasagna
- play peek-a-boo
- play "I drop it, you pick it up"
- dip into your friend's bowl
- conduct an imaginery orchestra
- smear cheese sauce on Anna's stuffed toy
- propel cheese through the air (off the back of the spoon)
- gag oneself
- knock your bowl off the table
- impale your friend's bib
Which is why Mary has just declared lasagna to be finger food.
© 2006, Mary P