Monday, December 11, 2006

More Auction Info and How-To

Her Bad Auction The previous post described the 'why' of the auction. This post gives some 'how-to'. 1) This auction is in fact more of a raffle. Tickets are purchased for a specific prize, and winners will be drawn at random. You can, of course, increase your chances of winning a particular item by placing all of your tickets on that item. 2) All proceeds go to Muscular Dystrophy Canada. 3) Tanner is a little boy, and we all know how kids love to receive mail! If you look in the left sidebar of the Auction Site, you'll find information on how to get letters to Tanner. I'm encouraging my kids to write him a note: perhaps you could help your child/ren do the same! 4) Bidding will begin on Wednesday, December 13th, continuing through Sunday, December 17th. Winners will be selected on Monday, the 18th. Information on how to purchase tickets is now on the site. So, pop over to the Her Bad Auction website, do a little browsing, buy a few tickets, maybe even make a donation direct to MD Canada, and get your children (your own, your sister's, your neighbour's, whichever you have!) to write a letter to Tanner. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ © 2006, Mary P

8 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

I've got that holiday meme up now, Mary. Thans for another fun one!

12/11/2006 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you write a post about sanctimommies and this being a kind blog or am I imagining things? jenny uk

12/11/2006 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Wow, what an amazing effort. Very cool.

12/11/2006 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger sunshine scribe said...

Thanks Mary. I am all set to bid on your coffee prize!!

12/11/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Altissima said...

Anonymous Jenny from UK - If you imagined it, it must have been a global hallucination - I started to read that post and then it suddenly disappeared!
-Kirsten of Melbourne

12/11/2006 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mary P. said...

UK Jenny and Melbourne Kirsten: Yes, that post was indeed up - for something less than an hour! Then I decided that as I wanted the auction posts I'd committed to write to have top billing for a day or two, I would hold off on that post. But don't worry - it will be back!

Kittenpie: We must have the same taste in memes. There are so many out there, but not all of them interest me. I loved reading yours. Thanks for doing it.

Kristen, Sunshine: It's a great project; I'm pleased to be part of it.

12/11/2006 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

What a splendid project. I've checked out the site once already and am getting ready to ticketize.

12/12/2006 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I can imagine Tanner's face when all the letters start to arrive - pure happiness!

12/12/2006 07:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home