Thursday, January 04, 2007

Just Post Awards

justpostdec2006 Like many of my friends, I have a vaguely benevolent attitude to the rest of the world: I feel sad that there are homeless, I am pleased that gays have the right to marry in my province, I am angered by the plight of abused women and children. But, I confess, it rarely goes beyond feelings. We have foster kids in third world countries, I routinely drop a loonie or a twonie in an outstretched hat, or buy them a sandwich and a coffee and talk, and I make regular monthly donations to a couple of charities that matter to me. But what do I do? Not a whole lot, really. Thus I was delighted when the ever-compassionate and passionate Jen of Girl Plus Two joined forces with a Mad friend of hers to create the Just Post Awards. This award will go to a post you've found about social justice or activism, that touches you. What a great idea, huh? Here's how it works: 1a. Send your nominations to Mad, at madhattermommy (at) hotmail (dot) com, or to Jen at girlplustwo (at) yahoo (dot) com by the 8th. All nominated posts will appear on both sites on the 10th. 1b. In your email, please include the url for the nominated post and the url for your blog as well. 3. When they send you the code for the button, you get to give it to your nominee! 4. Then on the 10th, you write a post explaining why the nominated post spoke to you and link your post back to Jen and Mad. I'm thinking that by getting exposure to different thoughts on the idea, by seeing what other people are passionate about, what others are doing, I might be inspired, see how I can cast a little more light in my bit of the planet, physically, practically, in my here and now. So, be on the lookout! Or better, be inspired, and maybe write a post that might be nominated. Let's enrich the blogsophere - and the Real World, too. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ © 2006, Mary P

5 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

A lovely, thought provoking idea. I look forward to reading such posts, and hopefully being inspired to do more myself.

1/04/2007 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us get the world out.

and in such a lovely and honest way.

1/04/2007 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Thank you so much for promoting this.

1/04/2007 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

I'm looking forward to reading those posts!

1/04/2007 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jenorama said...

What a wonderful idea.

I need to expand my reading. :D

1/05/2007 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home